Custom Search

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Banking and Finance in Slowdown Situation

With banks crumbling globally, the fact that the Indian banks - 80 % of which are state-owned - are shackled be archaic rules, function as an oligrachy, serves only 40% of the population, and lose billions from forced political patronage seems like petty misdemeanour.

New Delhi's response to crisis is well documented. But it does nothing. India alone among the major economies has done nothing meaningful to combat slowdown. So the Reserve Bank of India’s Promised review of banking in 2009 is unlikely bring the Changes the sector desperately needs … Further privatization, greater consolidation and more competition (Domestic & Foreign).

India has no long term debt market and this hinders business from building scale. As a result, economic activity is eons away from reaching its full potential and crating the 50 millions jobs over the next decade to employ the growing population.

The prospects of scoring India’s development in such circumstances appear bleak. But ironically, securing India’s growth will be easier. The distortion in the system afford opportunity for great profit. Connected individuals in regulated industries such as real estate, telecom, mining & power, have grabbed national assets at throw away prices and are making generous margins, swelling the GDP.

Need for an “International Financial Architecture” :

On October 2008 French President Nicolas Sarkozy said the world could not manage 21st century crisis with the 20th century institutions. In Russia Vladimir Putin called for “Changing the Architecture of International Finances” in September. There has been calls for putting the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in change and strengthening its mandate.

Another solution called for giving financial Stability Forum (FSF) – a forum of supervisors and central banks set up in 1999 – greater power. So despite all the sentiments about including market seeking a solution, the developed economies are going to continue to influence international monetary and economic relationship in future.

Very unlikely, our lake of real power in international organizations such as IMF, is well known; the FSF(Financial Stability Forum) membership comprises mostly European Countries, the US, Japan, and the UK, even Singapore and Hong Kong but not India & China.

So India and China and other emerging markets will have to seek their own responses to the financial crisis. Sadly these economies comprised of half of the world’s population and much of these will be the effects of what the developed economies decide. We were not the part of the problem in the first place and we are unlikely to be the part of the solution. Only we have to tolerate/shoulder the crisis.

5 comments:

mariana June 16, 2009 at 2:18 AM  

Another great way of marketing. That is what I discovered from a website. Hope this could help. Sell it with mrkt.it

Unknown August 17, 2009 at 1:47 AM  

Hi
Thank you very much for a great blog!
I am a blogger too and I have tried several affiliate programs to make some money from blogging, such as Forex Yard, E-toro, and Earn

Forex.

By far the best program I came across so far is a Cashback program where you get a discount on all your trades. I use it myself and last

month I got $270 in cashback from trading two Alpari Uk accounts with a deposit of about $5000 in total. Spreads remain the same so it is

essentially “free money” if you are already trading.

This is the best thing: for every person you recruit to this program you receive 10% of their cashback discount on their trading forever! Two

months ago I got $700 from people that has joined the program through me and last month I got $900, and this is just from about 30-50

accounts.

For more information check:

http://tinyurl.com/forexcashback


Maybe this could be something for you to promote on the blog or even write about in your next newsletter to your subscribers.


Many of the well known brokers are connected to the program such as:

Alpari UK
Alpari US
Avafx
Dukascopy
Etoro
FXCBS
FXCM
FXDD
Fxopen
GallantFX
Liteforex
Marketiva
PFG
Tadawul FX



Good luck!

Best Regards,

Mike

Dental Tourism Philippines May 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

I look forward to reading your blog, because they are always full of information that I can put to use

Anonymous,  February 4, 2020 at 7:21 PM  

The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend  anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

Unknown October 5, 2021 at 10:11 AM  

I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how I came in contact with Mr Pedro after I lost my job and was denied a loan by my bank and other financial institutions due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then I set out to seek funds online where I lost $3,670 that I borrowed from friends which I was ripped off by two online loan companies. Until i read about Mr Pedro helping people with an loan online in which this email was stated (pedroloanss@gmail.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convinced because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme at a very low interest rate of 2% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I had no choice than to also contact them, which I did. Mr Pedro responded back to me. That day was the best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when I received a credit alert for the $400,000.00 Usd loan amount I applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today my kids and I are so happy and fulfilled. You can also contact them through email: (pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp Text : +18632310632) Why am I doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victims of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

EXPLORE WITH BLOG UPP

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP